This neat little project was for some local astronomy enthusiasts. They wanted a concrete pad where they could easily set up their telescope for their hobby. We discussed options and came up with this design. After digging out we formed a 9 foot diameter circle installed rebar and were ready to pour. Placed the concrete and stamped the outer area with Italian Slate texture skins and centered the compass stamp with North aligned properly to allow quick set up of their telescope. Color choices on compass were from customers and the outer area was stained with several shades of grey for a realistic rock look.
This project we started from the ground up. Design was a collaboration between the homeowner, general contractor and myself. The main body of the driveway is exposed aggregate with Italian slate texture skins stamped on the border. We built curved steps for this grand front entrance way. To achieve stamp texture on the vertical surfaces we applied a thin layer of overlayment. All finished afterwards with Acrylic sealer.
This is one of my personal favorites, Homeowners have a beautiful piece of property with a strong creek running behind it. The shapes of this patio were from a design by a landscape architect. Homeowner and I modified it somewhat to fit the landscape. Patterns and colors were left to me to decide. The main body is stamped with Italian slate texture skins and the curving borders are stamped with London cobble. A very Earthy mixture of greys, browns and green were applied for color and sealed with Acrylic sealer at the end.
The existing raised patio here is around 20 years old. It was worn and cracked. We cleaned thoroughly and then applied epoxy stitching to hold cracks together. Then laid down fiber tape to keep the cracks from mirroring through to the new surface.
We then troweled down an overlay product and stamped that with a mixture of Italian and Belgian slate mats. Colored with dominantly grays with just a splash of brown here and there as per customers wishes. Finished off with acrylic sealer and slip resistant additive.
My customer’s old stairs were cracked and falling apart. So we decided that full replacement was in order. After removing old concrete we added solid gravel sub-base and installed rebar. We formed the new stairs with a solid wall on front and sides to provide good strength and stability. Customer loved the idea of the compass medallion highlighting the landing. Coloring was a mix of browns, reddish browns and grays as per customer’s direction. Finished with acrylic sealer and slip resistant additive.